Missed a day or want a full set of ideas in one place? Here are six prompts to help you make it through the week, whether you have plenty of time to cook or need a miracle nightly. Click the one word prompt to go to the full set of ideas and recipe links.
Want a daily nudge in your inbox? Click the Follow button on the right.
- Love to Cook: Spinach soufflé with spring herb salad
- Weeknight Reality: Quick fish tacos with avocado, cilantro and green cabbage
- Need a Miracle: Spinach salad topped with egg (boiled, fried or poached)
- Love to Cook: Guinness stew (with beef or lamb) or a Dublin coddle (either will take about three hours)
- Weeknight Reality: Bangers and mash with green peas
- Need a Miracle: Open-faced corned beef sandwiches with deli potato salad
- Love to Cook: Spiral sliced ham with orange maple glaze; cornmeal biscuits; honeydew melon spirals
- Weeknight Reality: Fusilli with goat cheese & toasted pine nuts; grapefruit salad with kale chiffonade
- Need a Miracle: Turkey, spinach and brie wraps, cut into spirals
- Love to Cook: Classic Chicken Marbella from The Silver Palate Cookbook
- Weeknight Reality: Caesar salad with olives and grilled chicken (or fish)
- Need a Miracle: Take-and-bake bread, a selection of deli cheese and meat, and a jar of olive tapenade
- Love to Cook: Cherry stuffed pork tenderloin
- Weeknight Reality: Kale, cherry & walnut salad with pan-fried chicken cutlets
- Need a Miracle: Rotisserie chicken, taboulleh salad, dark chocolate cherry bark
- Love to Cook: Argentine salt-roasted chicken [or, if you’ve got a day or two to prepare, salt cod – more likely to be available because it’s Lent]; fresh green salad with olive oil, lemon juice and salt
- Weeknight Reality: Poached cod over wilted greens with salt & vinegar roasted potatoes
- Need a Miracle: Salt and pepper steak, spinach salad, and salted caramel gelato for dessert
You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.