Instead of starting with the ingredients tonight, how about starting with your favorite dishes? What plate (or cup or whatever) looks good on your table, brings you joy and makes dinner a pleasure? Yes, use that one. Here are some ideas for dinners that lend themselves to pretty presentation on pretty plates.
- Love to Cook: Smoked salmon (or other fish) crepes with dill sauce and a light spring salad (perhaps with edible flowers)
- Weeknight Reality: Soft-boiled eggs in egg cups with toasted brioche and salad with fresh berries
- Need a Miracle: Trio of soups (from the grocery deli) served together in small pretty cups atop a pretty plate
- Crepes with Smoked Fishes – Martha Stewart (2-3 hours, including time to let crepe batter rest)
- Savory Crepes (to fill as you like) – La Madeleine via Food Network (about an hour, including inactive time)
- Soft-Boiled Eggs with Dippy Soldiers – Jamie’s Home Cooking Skills (less than 30 minutes)
- Quick Chicken & Asparagus Crepes – Food Network Kitchen (less than 30 minutes, using prepared ingredients)
He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart.