Where summer produce is robust, spring goods are tender, softer in texture and flavor. For dinner tonight, how about foraging (probably at a farmers market) for fresh spring lettuce or other baby greens? You might find some young root vegetables to go with, and you’ll have the perfect spring salad.
- Love to Cook: Lamb chops, sugar snap peas and spring greens
- Weeknight Reality: Pan-fried chicken tenders over spring green salad
- Need a Miracle: Spinach wraps with spring mix, goat cheese and smoked turkey (from the deli)
- Spring Greens with Quick Pickled Vegetables – bon appetit (about 20 minutes)
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Radishes, Cucumbers & Tarragon Pesto – bon appetit (about 30 minutes)
- Spring Greens & Shaved Celery Salad – bon appetit (about 10 minutes)
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
“Winter is dead.
A.A. Milne, via goodreads