The tax man cometh; you can blame him for the temporary hiccup in delivery of your daily dinner prompt. Whether he’s writing you a check or you’re writing one to him, treat yourself to an easy dinner, perhaps a mix of lean and rich flavors together.
- Love to Cook: Arugula salad with pears and candied pecans: warm peasant bread with Cowgirl Creamery’s Mt. Tam Cheese
- Weeknight Reality: ditto above
- Need a Miracle: Arugula salad with rotisserie chicken, dried cherries and pistachios
- Arugula Salad with Caramelized Onions and Candied Walnuts – bon appetit via Epicurious (about 40 minutes)
- Asian Pear & Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese – Food & Wine (about 20 minutes)
- Apple, Pecan & Blue Cheese Salad with Dried Cherries – The Pioneer Woman (about 20 minutes)
The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it’s just sort of a tired feeling.