Would be a good day for a light dinner, followed by a good dessert, no? A salad or steamed fish and vegetables will leave room for a treat, whether it’s a homemade treat or one from a local bakery.
- Love to Cook: Chopped kale salad with dried cherries & sliced almonds: homemade macarons
- Weeknight Reality: Grilled chicken with stir-fried snow peas & mushrooms: homemade brownies
- Need a Miracle: Spinach salad with red onions and clementines; assorted pastries from the bakery
- French Chocolate Macarons with Chocolate Ganache: Chow (about 2 hours)
- French Macarons – Martha Stewart (about an hour)
- Ina Garten’s Outrageous Brownies – Food Network (about an hour – 30 to prep, 30 to bake)
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.