Little flavor sponges, mushrooms are, soaking up whatever gets cooked with them. Served raw they add texture to a spring green salad. Just remember to wipe (or brush) them clean or rinse very quickly instead of soaking in water, which will make them slimy and decidedly yucky.
- Love to Cook: Homemade mushroom ravioli with goat cheese sauce; spring herb salad
- Weeknight Reality: Chicken and mushrooms over angel hair pasta; spring salad
- Need a Miracle: Marinated mushrooms (from the grocery bar) roughly chopped, tossed with goat cheese and herbs and served on brioche toast OR grilled cheese with a spinach/raw mushroom salad.
- Ravioli Filled with Porcini Mushrooms and Two Cheeses – Food Network (about 30 minutes)
- Mushroom Bolognese – Food & Wine (about an hour)
- Mixed Mushroom Ragout – Food & Wine (about 45 minutes)
- Chicken with Mushrooms – Martha Stewart (about 30 minutes)
“You’re not a man, you’re a mushroom!”
One thought on “Mushroom”