As so many things are about to come in season, fennel is on its way out. Enjoy it one more time before it disappears for several months.
- Love to Cook: Pork roast (or fish) with roasted (or grilled) fennel
- Weeknight Reality: Roasted sausage (or potatoes) with fennel
- Need a Miracle: Fennel slaw, topped with shredded chicken or boiled eggs
- Earl Grey-Crusted Pork Loin with Fennel & Apples – Food & Wine (2-2 1/2 hours – mostly roasting time)
- Grilled Swordfish with Onions & Fennel – Food & Wine (about an hour)
- Harissa-Roasted Carrots, Fennel & New Potatoes with Couscous – Food & Wine (about an hour)
- Roasted Sausage with Broccoli and Fennel – Food 52 (about 30 minutes)
- Citrus Salad with Fennel Vinaigrette – bon appetit via Epicurious (about 30 minutes)
- Fennel, Orange & Cabbage Slaw – Food & Wine (about 30 minutes)
- Celery, Apple & Fennel Slaw – bon appetit test kitchen, via Epicurious (about 10 minutes)
Fennel, which is the spice for Wednesdays, the day of averages, of middle-ages people…Fennel… smelling of changes to come.