Whether it’s the endorphin rush or the clear sinuses from the hot ones, or just the overall good flavor you seek, good chile peppers won’t fail to deliver. Although we’re months from true Hatch green chile high season, there are plenty of other peppers to be found either in the produce section or the freezer, so why not treat yourself tonight?
- Love to Cook: Classic green chile pork stew with fresh tortillas
- Weeknight Reality: Mushroom & poblano tacos with corn & cilantro
- Need a Miracle: Quick bean burritos with green chile salsa and fresh jalapenos
- Pink Adobe Green Chile Stew – Shockingly Delicious (about 2 hours)
- Chickpea, Chorizo and Chicken Stew with Mt. Tam Cheese – Gourmet, via Epicurious (about 1 1/2 hours, not including time to soak beans)
- Mushroom, Rajas & Corn Taco with Queso Fresco – Epicurious (about 30 minutes)
- Rice & Beef-Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Lime Crema – Blue Apron (about 30 minutes)
Believe it or not, there are no easily find-able quotes about chiles, and few even about Chile or hot peppers, so instead we’ll close with this:
The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative power restive and uprising, and gave to it neither power nor time.
Mary Oliver, via goodreads
4 thoughts on “Chile”
Thanks for linking to the Pink Adobe Green Chile recipe on my site. That is a really, truly good chile dish!
I’m so glad you have it posted! It’s one of my favorite recipes, and favorite cookbooks. Happy cooking.
Thought you meant the country when I saw post. Was thinking of empanadas!
Well that would be good, too!