How about cooking something that smells so good, even the next morning, you’ll want to stand in front of your refrigerator in your pajamas eating leftovers straight from the pot?
- Love to Cook: Curry (beef, chicken or sweet potato) with basmati rice
- Weeknight Reality: Same as above, just use a recipe with shorter cooking time
- Need a Miracle: Quick Pho Ga, using prepared chicken stock, rotisserie chicken and rice noodles (with cilantro, lemons, sprouts, onions, peppers, etc.)
- Fragrant South Indian Beef Curry – Food & Wine (time: 2-2 1/2 hours)
- Fragrant Beef Curry with Rice – bon appetit via Epicurious (time: about 2 hours)
- Sweet Potato Curry – bon appetit via Epicurious (time: about an hour)
- Fragrant Coconut Lime & Ginger Fish Bake – food.com (time: about 30 minutes)
- Quick Chicken Curry – Real Simple (time: about 30 minutes)
- Quick Massaman Beef Curry – BeefandLamb.com.au (time: about 30 minutes)
- Fragrant Basmati Rice – Food & Wine (time: about 40 minutes)
- Quick Pho Ga – Steamy Kitchen via Love & Olive Oil
When nothing else subsists from the past, after the people are dead, after the things are broken and scattered…the smell and taste of things remain poised a long time, like souls…bearing resiliently, on tiny and almost impalpable drops of their essence, the immense edifice of memory.
Marcel Proust (via goodreads)