How about a little zing of citrus to brighten up a gray day? And if you need a treat, perhaps a pastry to end the meal.
- Love to Cook: Vinegar-braised pork chops (or chicken thighs); Napa cabbage slaw with ginger dressing
- Weeknight Reality: Tequila-lime fish tacos or lemon chicken breasts with rice and spinach/sorrel salad
- Need a Miracle: Salad from the salad bar with homemade lemon/olive oil dressing; lemon-berry tarts from the bakery
- Vinegar-braised pork shoulder chops – Martha Stewart
- Cider Vinegar-Braised Chicken Thighs – James Boyce via Food & Wine
- Tequila-Lime Mahi Mahi Tacos – Self via Epicurious
- Lemon Chicken Breasts – Ina Garten via Food Network
- Simple Lemon Vinaigrette – Epicurious
A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks as her watch.